A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed33 Glyncoed Terrace
Rebuilt in 1894 by local firm T.P.Jones, who also erected Llanelli Town Hall in 1896, the pub has a fine wooden gallery at first floor level with 'Halfway House' leaded panels. The Victorian bar fittings are arguably the most impressive in the whole of Wales. The imposing counter and bar-back take up two sides of the front left room and, as well as displaying drinks, are replete with items like water jugs and have tall mirror-fronted cupboards to each side. How very pleasing it is to see how the original bar-back fitting has been carefully preserved - even fridges have been added without destroying one shelf, and there are signs of recent refurbishment to the wood. The original counter curves at the front left-hand side as well as at the centre.
The original interior of three rooms and a passage was, sadly, opened up by Bass in 1982. There is more elaborate ceiling decoration in the corridor to the rear. At the rear left is a dining room with modern brick bar and at the rear right a conservatory. The pub has a bar skittle table and organises its own tournaments.