Black Boy Inn

North-West Wales - Caernarfon

A historic pub interior of regional importance

Listed Status: II

Northgate Street
Caernarfon
LL55 1RW

Tel: (01286) 673604

Email: reception@black-boy-inn.com

Website https://www.black-boy-inn.com/

Real Ale: Yes

Lunchtime Meals: Yes

Evening Meals: Yes

Nearby Station: Welsh Highland Railway

Station Distance: 550m

Public Transport: Near Railway Station (Welsh Highland Railway) and Bus Stop

Bus: Yes

View on: Whatpub

This 17th.century inn just inside the medieval town walls had a restoration in 1954 and the two bars are barely changed since then. In the centre is the lounge, which was a shop prior to 1954, and retains its bar fittings from the 1950s. The chunky timber counter was slightly extended on the right in the 1970s and a new bar top was added; the bar back shelves have a Formica covering. The fine carved settles and chairs add to the character of the room and a line drawing on the wall confirms the fireplace is a replacement. The public bar on the left was two rooms prior to 1954 and has some genuine beams, an old stone fireplace at the front and 1950s brick one at the rear. The dado panelling and some seating could well date back to the 1950s, the unusual area above the servery is much older. The public bar counter is a replacement but in the same style as the one in the lounge. The dining room also has an old stone fireplace at the front but recently the 1950s brick one at the rear was replaced. A passage links the three rooms and has a quarry-tiled floor.

This 17th.century inn just inside the medieval town walls had a restoration in 1954 and the two bars are barely changed since then. In the centre is the lounge, which was a shop prior to 1954, and retains its bar fittings from the 1950s. The chunky timber counter was slightly extended on the right in the 1970s and a new bar top was added; the bar back shelves have a Formica covering. The fine carved settles and chairs add to the character of the room and a line drawing on the wall confirms the fireplace is a replacement. The public bar on the left was two rooms prior to 1954 and has some genuine beams, an old stone fireplace at the front and 1950s brick one at the rear. The dado panelling and some seating could well date back to the 1950s, the unusual area above the servery is much older. The public bar counter is a replacement but in the same style as the one in the lounge. The dining room also has an old stone fireplace at the front but recently the 1950s brick one at the rear was replaced. A passage links the three rooms and has a quarry-tiled floor. In common with the town itself, the pub is predominantly Welsh-speaking.

Read More