Wynnstay Arms

Mid Wales - Llanrhaeadr

A historic pub interior of regional importance

Listed Status: II

Market Square
Llanrhaeadr
SY10 0JL

Tel: (01691) 780210

Email: wynnstayoffice@yahoo.com

Website http://www.wynnstay-arms-hotel.com/

Real Ale: Yes

Lunchtime Meals: Yes

Evening Meals: Yes

Public Transport: Near Bus Stop

Bus: Yes

View on: Whatpub

A hotel built c.1850 in Gothic style whose public bar had a fine refit in the 1950s and is barely changed since. In common with a number of hotels in Wales, the public bar has its own entrance down the left hand side of the building and remained separate from the rest of the pub until an archway was cut between both parts, possibly in the 1950s. The public bar has a splendid inter-war-style brick and timber bar that was actually installed in the 1950s and still retains its intact glazed shutters, but nowadays the lower ones are always raised. There is also a large stone fireplace with a log fire, an old settle, two very old pieces of bench seating, three old tables and a framed brass relief of a domestic scene. At the rear of the bar is a small quarry-tiled floor pool room.

From the front stone porch you walk into a hallway/lounge bar with a bar counter added 30 or so years ago and a passage leads to an old reception hatch. There is another lounge to the right and beyond that are two dining rooms. The gents' has an unusual tiled urinal also dating from the 1950s. In summer open all day. In winter closed Mon. to Thu. lunchtimes. There is another lounge to the right and beyond that are two dining rooms. The gents has an unusual tiled urinal also dating from the 1950s.

A hotel built c.1850 in Gothic style whose public bar had a fine refit in the 1950s and is barely changed since. In common with a number of hotels in Wales, the public bar has its own entrance down the left hand side of the building and remained separate from the rest of the pub until an archway was cut between both parts, possibly in the 1950s. The public bar has a splendid inter-war-style brick and timber bar that was actually installed in the 1950s and still retains its intact glazed shutters, but nowadays the lower ones are always raised. There is also a large stone fireplace with a log fire, an old settle, two very old pieces of bench seating, three old tables and a framed brass relief of a domestic scene. At the rear of the bar is a small quarry-tiled floor pool room.

From the front stone porch you walk into a hallway/lounge bar with a bar counter added 30 or so years ago and a passage leads to an old reception hatch. There is another lounge to the right and beyond that are two dining rooms. The gents' has an unusual tiled urinal also dating from the 1950s. In summer open all day. In winter closed Mon. to Thu. lunchtimes. There is another lounge to the right and beyond that are two dining rooms. The gents has an unusual tiled urinal also dating from the 1950s.

Read More