Claremont

Greater Manchester - Moss Side

A historic pub interior of regional importance

Listed Status: Not listed

116-124 Claremont Road
Moss Side
M14 4RR

Tel: 07710 684045

Website https://www.joseph-holt.com/pubs/claremont-hotel

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Claremontpubmossside

Real Ale: Yes

Public Transport: Near Bus Stop

Bus: Yes

View on: Whatpub

A large three-storey pub of red brick built by Holt's Brewery in 1929. It lost a revolving door in the 1980s but the curved vestibule remains. The entrance leads into a large lobby bar. On the right the Red Room was opened up to the lobby bar in the 1990s and it retains the original fixed seating with bell-pushes in the panel above all around. The small vault has fixed seating with bell-pushes in a panel above and a draught screen at one end. On the front left is the Blue Room which also has fixed seating with bell-pushes in a panel above and a draught screen at one end with a glazed panel in the top.

Large three storey pub of red brick with a rendered ground floor at the front and 'Claremont' in stone at the top built by Holts in 1929. It lost the revolving door in the 1980s but the curved vestibule remains. The entrance leads into a large lobby bar with the servery that looks the original one with panelled counter front with a modern pot shelf addition but the bar back looks more post-war. At the rear some modern fixed seating has replaced the original seating booths and there is an open staircase to the function room where the servery is now a kitchen. On the rear right is another 1929 carved wood surround fireplace with modern brick interior. On the right the Red Room was opened up to the lobby bar in the 1990s and has a carved wood surround fireplace, oval bevelled mirror in mantelpiece above but a modern brick interior. It retains the original fixed seating with bell-pushes in the panel above all around.

The small vault / pool room at the rear left has a lino tiled floor, original fixed seating with bell-pushes in a panel above and a draught screen at one end which has lost its glazed panel in the top. The counter here looks like a modern addition. On the front left is the Blue Room with a 'Bar Parlour' panel in the top of one of the doors. It retains original fixed seating with bell-pushes in a panel above, a draught screen at one end with a glazed panel in the top and the bar counter is a modern addition. On the left hand side between the two rooms is the off-sales with a black and white tiled floor and two piece hatch counter now covered over but still there. The ladies toilet is in what was built as an office. Modernised toilets.

Read More