Allegedly built 'around 500 years ago as a gentleman farmer's house' though it looks at least a couple of hundred years younger. The front door leads direct to one of the original rooms, but only the fireplace is of any age. However, the back wall has been removed so it's now open to a staircase and two corridors. On the right is the characterful main bar which has a sturdy, plain bar counter (1950s?) with simple shelving behind. The slate fireplace is modern. The 'back bar' and restaurant are both recent converts to pub use and contain nothing of interest. A framed 'for sale' leaflet from 1896 describes the building as having 'two front rooms, a large kitchen and bedrooms over'.