A historic pub interior of some regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed110 Uxbridge Road
Tel: (020) 8567 2370
Real Ale: Yes
Real Cider: Yes
Lunchtime Meals: Yes
Evening Meals: Yes
Nearby Station: Hanwell
Station Distance: 400m
Public Transport: Near Railway Station (Hanwell) and Bus Stop
View on: Whatpub
Rebuilt in 1930. Despite alterations in 2017, much of the original layout and fittings survives. Each external door led to a separate room, with that in the centre accessing a former small private bar whose position can be seen inside in floorboards set at right-angles to the prevailing pattern. Left of this was the public bar, behind which was a further room (now a kitchen). To the right the two-room arrangement survives (the double doors between have long gone). Much 1930s panelling survives and you can spot the difference between the two sides. The left bar area has simple vertical panelling. The right part was the 'better' side and has fielded panelling. The treatment of the counter front is similarly differentiated. Note the 1930s tiling at the foot of the counter (again different treatment left and right). 2017 saw the repainting of the wooodwork, loss of a publican's office and toilet refitting. Outside, far right is a former, detached off-sales shop.
Rebuilt in 1930 by Mann, Crossman & Paulin, and, despite major alterations in early 2017, the sense of the original layout along with a good deal of the fittings survives. Each of the external doors led to separate rooms, with that in the centre accessing a former small private bar whose position can be seen inside in terms of floorboards set at right-angles to the prevailing pattern. In the original arrangements, to the left was the public bar, behind which was a further room, but this is now occupied by a kitchen (with a gaping opening). To the right were two other rooms, divided by a surviving wooden partition: there were double doors between the two but these have long gone.
Most of the extensive 1930s panelling survives and you can spot the diference between the left and right sides. The left-hand bar area was originally the public bar and has simple vertical panelling. The right-hand part was the 'better' side of the pub and has fielded panelling. The treatment of the counter front is similarly differentiated. Note the 1930s tiling at the foot of the counter (again different treatment between left and right).
The 2017 changes changed the colour tone of the place with the brown woodwork being changed to olive green on the panelling and turquoise on the counters. 2017 also saw the loss of a publican's office at the back of the servery and the refitting of the toilets.