A historic pub interior of some regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed101 Fortess Road
Built 1885. Although it now operates as a gastro pub, some original Victorian splendour has been retained in the rear fully panelled bar. It has a fine bar counter with decorative brackets, a row of fielded panelling along the top and foot rail around the bottom. Within the panelling are large plain mirrors and an impressive carved mahogany fireplace with a bowed mantelpiece featuring a carved head but a modern hearth. A carved wooden pillar holds up a three sectioned decorative plasterwork ceiling and there is a deep frieze and cornice. It does have a modern bar back fitting and a small piece of modern bar counter at the rear. The front bar has all modern fittings and the pub has been extended to the rear.