An imposing suburban Fuller’s house rebuilt in 1929 to designs by the excellent pub architect T H Nowell Parr and dominated externally by three gables on the rendered frontage. Although the pub has been modernised internally the original arrangements are still very much in evidence, especially along the front. Here there are three distinct rooms with internal partitions, the pair on the right even retaining a doorway between them. Needless to say each of the rooms had its own external entrance. The wall panelling remains as does the bar counter although the fitting behind seems a modern replacement. In the windows there is some very typical, attractive dimpled glass that was popular with pub-builders around 1930. At the rear the counter is original. The back parts were extended in 1934 by Hall Jones & Partners to Parr’s design. There is a large, hemispherical skylight but there has been extensive opening up and the spaces are now rather confused. However, they offer a pleasant prospect over the large garden. The pub was known as the Kent Hotel until 2003.