A historic pub interior of some regional importance
This pub is currently closed (since 20/03/2020)
Listed Status: Not listed127-129 Lower Addiscombe Road
Substantial corner pub with three-storeys of London brick built in 1864 and was owned by Nalder & Collyer. It retains an impressive late Victorian island bar complete with publicans office but it has lost all but a few vestiges of the partitions that divided it into multiple spaces. The island bar has pilasters running all around it but a small section on the western side is a form of buffet now. The little-altered island bar back is topped off with a clock within a broken pediment. Within it the original office remains, one of some 20 left in the country. Has a good cornice and corner vestibule otherwise the other fittings are modern.