This drinkers pub was refitted in about 1965 and is barely changed since.
Located in what is known as The Stag Building (Architect Thomas Baird 1862 – 1953) a four-storey tenement built for John Lyons and includes houses and shops, the pub situated on the right hand end.
The interior consists of the public bar with the servery down the left hand side and a separate snug on the front right. Originally there was a Jug Bar on the front left but this was taken away “about 40 years ago”.
The nine bay bar back with a clock in the middle wider bay, has a mirrored back with illuminated panels so it looks very early 1960s. Three small sections of lower shelving remains. The counter has a panelled front with at the top a section of Formica, which is also on the top. 1960s style fixed seating runs down the right hand side with panelling above.
On the front left the snug is created by two wooden partitions with a widish gap between them and no sign it ever had a door(s). It has the same fixed seating as the main bar and a small narrow table firmly fixed to the floor. There is a ladies toilet off it presumably added in the 1970s? The bar counter front, panelling on the wall, and panelling on the partition to create the snug are all identical.