A good number of early 20th-century fittings survive in this 18th-century pub, re-fronted and hugely extended by Home Brewery in 1924. The original part consists of the three rooms at the front right which were refurbished in the 1950s. The extension is of classic inter-war brick design and the panelling, counter and fireplace are from 1924. All this is overlaid with much more recent work.
This 18th century pub was re-fronted and had a massive extension just after it was purchased by Home Brewery of Nottingham in 1924 and still retains a good number of fittings from that date. The original part at the front right contains three small rooms and was subject to a refurbishment in the 1950s. In the centre is a bar counter which looks like it was installed in the 50s (locals say it is older) but the bar back is modern. High backed fixed seating in the right room is from the mid 1950s (the seating was originally slatted) but the fireplace looks more modern.
The left room, which has a cast fireplace from the 20s, is now only accessible via the rear lounge and its doorway from the other two has been converted into a hatch. The extension is of classic inter-war brick and includes a bay window still with two 'lounge' panels. The whole room is panelled and there are some bell pushes remaining. The counter is the 1920s one with a copper top possibly added in the 50s, but the bar back is mostly modern. Opposite the large 1920s brick fireplace there originally was a separate kitchen - nearby is the original access to the servery through the centre of the counter. An extension in 1952 brought the toilets inside and a further one in the 1980s houses the new kitchen. There is a small area towards the front of the building with a small stone Tudor arch fireplace and a tiny snug on the far left was doubled in size in the 1980s - note how some original panelling was moved into the new part.