A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: Not listedWatling Street
Many of the fittings now on view date from a rebuild around 1940. In the lounge, these include the counter, mirrored bar back with cupboards and drawers and the reupholstered fixed seating. A similar bar back survives in the public bar but the counter and fixed seating are later, perhaps from the time that the room was enlarged. Monty's Restaurant occupies the former smoke room and both bar and fireplace are probably from the 1960s. A 1997 extension houses another restaurant. An off-sales still exists but the entrance has moved.
Re-built c.1940 by Birmingham brewers Mitchells & Butlers and retaining a good amount of original fittings. The lounge retains its original counter, original mirrored bar back with cupboards and drawers, original fixed seating re-upholstered and baffle on one end. Gents' to the left are little altered. The public bar retains its original bar back with cupboards and drawers but the counter looks more of the 1960s. The room has been extended possibly in the 1960s as the fixed seating appears to be of that time. The off-sales is still in place there but the entrance has moved. Montys Restaurant was the original smoke room and has a replacement bar and fireplace looks of the 1960s. An extension in 1997 contains another restaurant. Original Crittall windows replaced by uPVC ones.Read More