A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: IIBrook Road, Oldswinford
Tel: (01384) 441566
Real Ale: Yes
Real Cider: Yes
Lunchtime Meals: Yes
Evening Meals: Yes
Nearby Station: Stourbridge Junction
Station Distance: 477m
Public Transport: Near Railway Station (Stourbridge Junction) and Bus Stop
View on: Whatpub
Built in 1907 for Mitchells & Butlers Brewery, the Seven Stars has an outstanding collection of M&B etched and painted windows. The entrance hall has lots of light blue and cream dado tiling, which extends up the stairs and into the public bar. That room has its original counter and a superb four-bay, mirrored bar-back with a clock-adorned pediment. Below the pediment is a recently-reopened hatch to the smoke room behind. This is modernised but bell pushes remain above the benches as do fine etched windows. The restaurant left of the hallway has nothing of historic interest bar a couple of windows.
Built in 1907 for Mitchells & Butlers' brewery. Brick-built, close to Stourbridge Junction station. It has an outstanding collection of M&B etched and painted windows and some fine tiling inside. The original layout survives with some alterations. The main entrance is into a hall with a restaurant on the left and public bar and rear smoke room to the right. The hallway has large amounts of light blue and cream dado tiling and this extends up the stairs and into the public bar. A hatch in the hallway shows that the servery has been slightly truncated. The public has its original bar counter and a magnificent, ornately-carved four-bay bar-back with mirrors and a central pediment with (replica) clock. Beneath the pediment, the hatch to the smoke room was recently reopened and has a lovely piece of M&B coloured glass above. The right-hand external door once accessed an off-sales but this was incorporated into the bar many years ago. The former smoke room rear-right has been modernised, but unused bell-pushes survive above the benches as do the etched windows proclaiming 'Smoking Room'. The restaurant area occupies the former lounge bar but has been refurbished in café bar style and greatly extended at the left hand side; a couple of etched windows are the only items of interest.