A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed10 Delph Road
A renowned four-roomer, attached to Batham's Brewery, and rebuilt in 1912 because of subsidence. The small front bar on the right is splendidly unaltered, retaining the Edwardian counter, bar-back, fixed seating and terrazzo floor. Front left, the two-part room has been extended and modernised but still has old bench seating and an inter-war fireplace - the stained and leaded windows are also notable. A terrazzo passage from the front door leads to a small room, rear left, with old tiled fireplace and later bench seating. The rear-right room is an inter-war convert from domestic use and retains fittings from that time.
A famous four-roomed pub rebuilt in 1912, as a result of local subsidence, which is attached to Batham's brewery. The splendid unaltered small front bar on the right retains a terrazzo floor, original Edwardian bar counter, three-bay bar-back and fixed seating. The front left two-part room with the figure '2' on the door was extended into brewery offices in 1994 and modernised, but still retains Edwardian bench seating and two baffles in the first part and an inter-war stone fireplace in the new rear part. Note the colourful stained and leaded windows with 'Wines' and 'Spirits' and 'Daniel Batham & Son Limited Licensed Brewers'. A terrazzo passage from front door with a modern tiled dado and hatch leads to the rear. The small room rear-left with the figure '4' on the door has a Victorian tiled and cast fireplace and possibly inter-war bench seating. The rear right room was converted from domestic rooms in inter-war times and retains its bar counter, bar-back, bench seating and stone fireplace from that date. Car park across the road.Read More