A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: Not listedChurchstoke, Montgomery, Powys
Public Transport: Near Bus Stop
View on: Whatpub
The public bar here was refitted in 1949 since when nothing much has changed. It has a quarry-tiled floor, Formica-topped bar counter, plain bar-back shelves, brick fireplace and bare oak seating. The front lobby also dates from 1949, the bar door being the original front door. The lounge was converted from a stable in the 1960s from when most of the fittings can be dated - lapped bar counter, glass shelves on the wooden bar back, leatherette bench seating, chairs and Formica-topped tables. The same family has owned the pub since 1926.
A brick and part-rendered pub which has been in the same family ownership since 1926. The public bar was refitted in 1949 and nothing has changed since. It has a quarry-tiled floor, a bar counter with Formica top, bar-back shelves, a brick fireplace and bare oak seating. The door to the public bar is the original front door and a new front lobby added in 1949. A former stable was converted into the lounge and has an over lapped bar counter with a Formica top, glass shelves on wooden bar back, leatherette bench seating, chairs and Formica-top tables - all dating from the 1960s, as does the toilets. There is a dining room on the right used for meetings. It still retains disused petrol pumps outside.Read More