A historic pub interior of some regional importance
Listed Status: Not listedDillywood Lane
An eighteenth-century building which became a beerhouse in 1831 and obtained a full licence in 1886. For such a situation, away from a town or village, the two rooms are surprisingly large. Left is a Public Bar with match-board panelled walls. bare benches attached and baffle, also a match-board panelled ceiling, Counter with diagonally-boarded panels. bar back fittings with bevelled mirrored panels could be Victorian to Inter War.
On the right is another bar with an old ‘Saloon Bar’ etched panel in door, half-height panelling. Panelled corridor at rear and forming a link between the two rooms. Another old bar counter and bar back fitting but the dating of such fittings is, to say the least, problematic: they could range from late Victorian to, even, the interwar period. At the rear of the public bar is a games room, probably in an extension, with benches attached to panelled walls – here the full height panelling is modern. Toilets brought inside in the 1960s.