A historic pub interior of some regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed99-100 Gloucester Road
Rebuilt 1937 by Kemp Town Brewery with two rooms either side of the servery and a now-lost off-sales. The recessed entrance has two doors facing the road. The left-hand one gave access to the former off-sales and so leads now into the public bar: the other door is to the private accommodation on the first floor. On the right-hand return the door opens to some steps down into a second, small lower room (former saloon?). The counters in both rooms appear to date from 1937 and the bar-back fittings also seem substantially original. The public bar still has its 1930s brick fireplace.