New owners have modernised the interior removing historic fittings and layout so pub re-categorised as Interior Ruined.
The former description is shown below. The accompanying photographs show the interior before the work took place.
A recent model refurbishment has not spoiled the public bar that has barely changed in 100 years, with mirrored back gantry and original bar counter that was slightly moved in 2005 and is now on a plinth. Dating from 1836, the pub has full height panelled walls recently painted an attractive red, a sanded and varnished wood floor and two large mirrors of note: one for Haig whisky, the another for Wilson's mineral waters. A partition on the left, which created a separate saloon bar, has been removed and there is a dining room at the rear left which retains old panelling. At the rear on the right, a small pool room was added in 2005, with wood-panelled walls and ceiling in keeping with the rest of the pub. Closed Mondays in winter.