A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: C75-77 High St.
Three-roomed town centre pub with a little-altered Edwardian bar and a room dedicated to the Coldstream Guards. Built in the 1890s and revamped c.1910 the public bar retains its original bar counter and gantry, 1950s dado panelling and original 'Bar' etched glass panel in the door. The lounge has 'Smoke Room’ etched in the panel of its door. The hatch was replaced by a small bar counter in c.1990. The pub was extended to the rear in 1954, and through the wooden archway is a room with full-height panelling, bell-pushes and Coldstream Guards memorabilia, including a visitor’s book. The pool room on the right has been brought into use recently.Read More