A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: CThe Green
Village pub built c.1850 of red sandstone and retaining much of its 1906 refurbishment by Jedburgh Brewery. The passage through the pub has 'Bar' etched panels on the inner doors and a hatch, which was originally for off-sales. The small public bar on the right with a sliding door retains its Edwardian interior fittings of back gantry, original counter (bar top is new) and tiled fireplace. The fixed seating is probably 40 years old. Beyond this is a small dado panelled room with an original fireplace and mirrored overmantel, but the bar counter and fixed seating are modern additions. The rear two rooms have been brought into use and the only item of interest is the overhead 'tram lines' used for moving heavy casks as this was the original cellar.