A historic pub interior of some regional importance
Listed Status: II6-8 Churchgate
A black and white timber framed building reputed to have been rebuilt in 1636 with a 12th century cellar, though the present building owes much of its form to an early C20 remodelling. Front right small room up a step has a bare wood floor, fixed seating around the bay window and the rest of the room, bell-pushes and a shield emblem in leaded exterior windows. The rear right room up a step has a bare wood floor, old fixed seating around most of the room with bell-pushes in a panel above and a fine pargetted ceiling.