The three-storey Unicorn Hotel was built in 1924 of red brick, stone and with some glazed work on the ground floor around the doorways. Much of the original layout and fittings survive with a series of spaces ranged around an attractive island servery with open screenwork (but there is no evidence this contained glazing in the lower part). There is a snug at the rear and also two more on the right, approached through a triple, timber opening. The woodwork throughout is well-designed and of good-quality, creating a comfortable ambience for a drink. The upstairs panelled dining room is intact.
The three-storey Unicorn Hotel was built in 1924 of red brick, stone and some glazed work on the ground floor around the doorways. The majority of layout and the quality interior fittings, mainly in light oak panelling, still remain. The entrance lobby on Church Street has inter-war tiling on the walls. It has a screened island bar with numerous serving hatches with leaded glass panels above but there is no obvious sign that they ever had rising lower screens in them. Within the servery are the remains of two dumb waiters - one to upstairs and one to the cellar. The fixed seating looks like it dates from 1924 with light oak panelling above. At the rear is a small wood panelled snug with original fixed seating but some of the panelling is modern / replacement.
Off to the right through three openings (two blocked by gaming machines) there are two further wood panelled snugs with original fixed seating and some bell pushes; a ceramic fireplace in each and a stained and leaded skylight which may be modern. Upstairs is a dining room which is intact from 1924 with panelled walls to picture frame height, stained and leaded exterior windows, 'Dining Room' on the door, and a split door for service. Note the tall narrow signs with helpful arrows to the Ladies' and Gents'. The ladies upstairs has 'Ladies' on the door and 'WC' on the two individual doors but have been modernised, as has the gents'. Also at the top of the stairs is a split door to the kitchen with a stained and leaded window. Only two of the 1924 exterior windows remain.