A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed186 Worsley Road
A stately red-brick and terracotta pub of 1926 for Holts Brewery. The most impressive part is the former billiard room (at the rear) with its panelled walls, bell-pushes, curved counter, stained glass, and impressive mahogany fire-surround. The rear lobby has a dado of green inter-war tiles whilst the front one had a door to an off-sales. Two small rooms on the left, each with a good fireplace, have been amalgamated. Attractive door glass with the words ‘Vault’, ‘Bar Parlour,’ and ‘Gentlemen’.
A red brick and terracotta pub with 'White Swan' in stone above the main door built (rebuilt?) in 1926 by Holts. The most impressive room is the former billiard room at the rear with its panelled walls and bell pushes, a curved bar counter with more fielded panelling on the front and above. There is a mahogany fireplace with two columns, decorative capitals and a curved top section that reaches as high as the panelling but the fireplace is blocked-up. It retains its original fixed seating, lovely stained and leaded exterior windows and the entrance is an archway that looks original. The rear lobby has a dado of green inter-war tiles. The front lobby originally had a door to an off-sales with a small counter and some customers used to drink here - the door to the servery was the door to the rear room up to the 1970s.
There are two small rooms on the left which have been joined - both have fine original quality wood fireplaces (blocked-up), original fixed seating and good exterior stained and leaded windows but the bar counter was added here in the 1970s. The small vault on the front right has a good 'Vault' deep cut panel in the top of the door and the figure '1' on the back. Left door has a 'Bar Parlour' deep cut panel in the top of the door and a figure '4' on the back. There is a 'Gentlemen' deep etched panel in the door to the gents at the rear.