A historic pub interior of some regional importance
This pub is currently closed (since 04/01/2020)
Listed Status: II222 South Ealing Road
An epic pub the main body of which is as published in a design of 1885 by architect Frederick William Lacey of Brentford. It was expanded between 1914 and 1935, probably in the 1920s, both with the single-storey hall along South Ealing Road and further building on Carlyle Road. A tour might start outside with the highly impressive recessed porch framed by a timber arch with bulgy columns and monograms of the founders, the Royal Brewery (Brentford) Ltd, which ceased production in 1923. This porch has lovely green tiling and Art Nouveau-style lettering advertising the saloon, which is also named on the brass door plate. The much modernised main bar fronts Carlyle Road and has a long counter with a raked front. Behind comes a room with two-thirds height panelling. On the right of the main entrance is a lovely room with still more wall panelling.