A historic pub interior which was of national or regional importance which is now permanently closed
This pub is permanently closed (since 08/04/2019)
Listed Status: Not listed107 Devonshire Road
Real ale & Cider: Real Ale
Nearby Station: Chiswick
Station Distance: 1300m
Public Transport: Near Railway Station (Chiswick) and Bus Stop
View on: Whatpub
Closed and planning permission has been applied to turn it into flats. This pub is therefore re-categorised as Permanently Closed.
The former description is shown below
An attractive corner-site local of 1926 designed by T H Nowell Parr who built a number of distinguished pubs in west London. The three original rooms are still very much in evidence. The one on the corner entrance was probably the public bar, which has now been linked to the two beyond. The first two rooms have bar counters with simple but elegant panelling. As in his other pubs Parr aimed to create a sense of comfortable ‘olde worldliness’ with wall panelling rising to slightly over half the height of the walls, and exposed ceiling beams in all rooms. In the ‘public bar’ there is now a series of screens running out from the outside wall and creating intimate small drinking areas. These are modern but seem to have had Victorian glass panels incorporated into them.