A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed91 Lordship Lane
Three-storey of London brick built in 1862. The room at the front retains a late Victorian three-bay bar back with a frieze at the top, pilasters, and a clock at the top. Two doorways lead to the dining room at the rear with a rarely seen mosaic floor. The late Victorian two-bay bar back in this room has 1960s' Watney’s ‘The Lord Palmerston’ wording with red barrels on it, and a frieze along the top and lower shelving remains. Fielded wood panelling adorns all the walls.
Three-storey of London brick built in 1862 it still retains two rooms and a lot of Victorian fittings.
The front room was originally two rooms and retains a late Victorian three-bay bar back with a frieze at the top. It has pillasters – single ones on the left and right and double ones between each bay and a clock at the top. The bar counter has a modern tiled frontage and a small section of the lower shelving remains. Modern vestibule and the fireplace may be old. The walls all have fielded wood panelling up to picture rail height; most appears to be inter-war, but the square design panelling on the dining room side of the dividing wall looks more modern.
Two doorways with pointed arches lead to the rear bar laid out for diners. It has a colourful mosaic floor which indicates the bar counter has been shortened and moved a few feet to the right so the left end is level with the bar back. Note the cupboard in the bar counter front which has ornate brackets but new top. The two-bay bar back is late Victorian, but ‘The Lord Palmerston’ wording with red barrels is an addition from the 1960s, and a frieze along the top and lower shelving remains. Fireplace looks old and there is a modest octagonal skylight.