A historic pub interior of some regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed39 Nunhead Green
Built c.1874 of two-storeys of brick with render on the ground floor it was subject a 1930s refit and retains many fittings in three rooms. Three interwar bar counters and there is a leaded glazed screen that acts as a bar back for the front and rear bars.
Built c.1874 of two-storeys of brick with render on the ground floor it was subject a 1930s refit. The door on the Kirkwood Road side looks like it was the off sales one.
The corner bar (exterior doors no longer in use) has a bare wood floor, a canted interwar bar counter with the front painted black. A leaded glazed screen acts as a bar back with ‘Courage’ on it and mirrors below; lower shelving replaced by fridges. Exterior windows ‘Courage Ales’, ‘Wines & Spirits’.
A double door-width gap to the left-hand bar with a bare wood floor, a small curved bar counter that looks 1930s but painted gastro-grey; old wood surround fireplace with a modern brick interior.
Rear has a 1930s bar counter with a shot blasted counter front, same bar back with ‘Courage’ ‘Pyrotechnists’ on bar back but fridges replaced lower shelving. Another wood surround fireplace with modern brick interior (no fireplaces used) near door from Kirkwood Road. A door goes back to main bar. There is also a room at rear left brought into use.