A historic pub interior of some regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed30 Leopold Road
Built in 1896, the Beehive was refitted in the 1950s and a good number of features - bar counters, fireplaces, fixed seating - still survive. The snug near the entrance was probably once the off-sales.
Built in 1896 the Beehive was refitted in the 1950s. The main entrance leads into a red quarry tiled floor small snug with a 1950s counter which looks like the former off-sales. A doorway to the left leads to the bare wood floored public bar which looks like it was two rooms prior to the 1950s. The front part has distinct half panelling with benches attached and a 1950s brick fireplace, the counter has a 1950s front with a modern tiled top and more 1950s fixed seating in the rear section. A doorway to the right leads to the lounge with what looks like another 1950s counter but less distinctive so might be modern and it also has a tiled top.Read More