Supposedly the county's smallest pub, the Beehive was built in 1803 and occupies a delightful setting on a bank above the road. Rooms are on each side of the central entrance with a small bar on the right and tiny snug with hatch counter to the left. The simple decor dates mainly from the 1950s or '60s though the fireplaces are more recent.
Built 1803, and formerly owned by Shipstones of Nottingham this claiming to be the smallest pub in Nottinghamshire, this tiny, quiet, traditional cottage pub is in an idyllic setting, located on a bank above the road. There is a central entrance with a room each side: small bar on the right: tiny snug with a hatch counter on the left. The simple decor probably dates from the 50s-60s, and includes beamed ceilings, simple benches, a copper-topped counter and tables. Real fires in modern brick fireplaces. There is a patio at the front with a view down the village street and an outside toilet block. Open Mon to Fri evenings; Sat lunchtimes and evenings; Sun lunch.Read More