A historic pub interior of regional importance
Listed Status: Not listed32 Coton Hill
A brick and half-timbered pub, rebuilt in 1925, with the two shop windows around the jug & bottle door added in the 1960s. In the bar, the counter has attractive fielded panelling and the fixed seating and tiled floor are also original (but not so the bar top and fireplace). The lounge, once two small rooms, has inter-war panelled walls and the bar back could well be original. The brick and Formica-topped bar counter, though, is a 1960s insertion and the fireplaces have modern surrounds. Opens 4pm weekdays.
A brick and half timbered pub rebuilt in 1925, replacing an old coaching inn which burnt down a couple of years earlier (the original Victorian coach-house survives outside). The upper storey has a relief figure of the eponymous woodman and the date of rebuilding. Note the two shop windows around the jug and bottle / off license door which were added in the 1960s. The bar has fielded panelling bar counter, bar top, original fixed seating and tiled floor, but the bar top and brick fireplace are modern. The lounge was two small rooms and has interwar panelled walls and the bar back could be the original one, but the brick and Formica top bar counter is a 1960s addition. The fireplaces have modern surrounds of wood and tile and the hearth size was reduced at the same time as can be seen by the slightly different coloured tiles. The lounge back door formerly led to the landlady's kitchen. Outside gents.Read More