A historic pub interior of some regional importance
Listed Status: II1 Sheep Market
The current building dates from the early 18th century and was a coaching inn (part of the stable block survives at the rear). The central covered passage, now part-tiled and part-flagged, was originally a coaching arch and is the most notable feature here. The bar to the left has some old fittings including good wall panelling; a 1920/30s stone fireplace; and bar counter and bar back which date back to at least 1960. The bar to the right has been extended backwards and has all new fittings, apart from some quarry tiles at the front.