Join our mailing list:
Can you help CAMRA save Britain's historic pub interiors?
If you have an interest in visiting pubs with characterful historic interiors the following are some of the ways you can get more involved helping to preserve them:-
1) Make more visits to pubs on this website – details can be found in our online pub guides. More visits help to make these pubs more viable so also please tell other people who may have an interest in genuine historic pubs to visit them.
2) Keep up to date with what's happening to save these pubs with the CAMRA Pub Heritage monthly email. If you want to receive it send a request to info[AT SIGN]pubheritage[DOT]camra[DOT]org[DOT]uk or visit Pub Updates where the monthly bulletins are also published.
3) Help us to identify more candidates – if you spot a pub with a historic interior – here are the criteria – email us at info[AT SIGN]pubheritage[DOT]camra[DOT]org[DOT]uk. We particularly need help in the following areas – Midlands, North West England, South East England, South West England, Wales.
4) Help us to save more pubs from damaging changes to their interiors by:
a) letting us know ASAP if you hear of proposed changes or spot an application for change to a Real Heritage Pub - please send to info[AT SIGN]pubheritage[DOT]camra[DOT]org[DOT]uk
b) writing a letter to the council opposing the proposed changes as the more letters sent the greater the chance of stopping the changes – CAMRA's Pub Heritage Group may be able to help with facts and suitable wording, if required.
c) offering your time as we need to write to council conservation officers and chief planning officers asking for their support – if could you help prepare letters, obtain details for a mail merge etc. please let us know.
5) Help to keep the Heritage Pubs website up to date by please reporting back any changes you are aware of when visiting these pubs - these can be changes of licensee/owners; opening hours and other facilities; and any change in the pub fittings/layout since a previous visit.
6) If you want to be even more active then emails us at info[AT SIGN]pubheritage[DOT]camra[DOT]org[DOT]uk for details of CAMRA's Pub Heritage Group and its quarterly meetings and London Pubs Group and its monthly meetings and pub crawls.